Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Free Book from Booksneeze!

Okay, okay, so I got my book several months ago but I have to be honest. When I picked out the title I didn't pay much attention to what the book was actually about. When my book came in the mail for me to read I was puzzled and drug my feet to getting it read. I just decided to go ahead and read it and give an honest review, regardless of whether or not it applied to my life or not. My book is called, "Embracing Your Second Calling: Find Passion and Purpose for the Rest of Your Life" What?? I'm only 30. Little did I know that as I read the first chapter of this book, this book definitely applies to me. It urges you to find purpose in your life and listen to God's calling for you. It has helped me to kind of take a step back and embrace my aging (something I often struggle with). At the end of Chapter 1, there is a prayer written. I'd like to share it with you as it has spoken to my heart.

"Lord, I'm sorry to whine but I feel a bit sorry for myself.
I miss who I was, and I'm not enjoying this process of
aging very much right now. Help me to listen less to the
messages about fading beauty and more to your call to
my heart. Thank you for my health, and forgive me for
taking it for granted for all these years."

Chapter 2: Getting Personal.
I wonder what God has in store for me in this chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment