Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chapter 2

Chapter two spoke to me as much as the first. In this Chapter the author tells of a trip to Bosnia where they met a community of women who had no clean underwear for themselves or their children. Such a small, simple request. The next time they visited these women they all had clean underwear. In meeting the physical they were able to minister to the spiritual needs of these women.

If you've read my past blogs you know I too have been one of these women. I have needed a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes on my back and a bed to sleep in. I have not been so destitute that I needed clean underwear but I now understand the needs. Telling me Jesus loves me is one thing but I can't hear you when I am worried about where my child's next meal is going to come from.

In all that my family and I have been through the past year and a half I feel as though I am Naomi (in the book of Ruth). This book parallels the life of Naomi as she too embraces her second calling. I feel like God is preparing me for something great...I just have to keep my faith and know that there is a plan.

Chapter 3: What Really Counts

No comments:

Post a Comment