Friday, April 9, 2010

God plants a seed at the ECE Conference in Austin

In late January I had an Early Childhood Educators Conference to go to. This year it was in Austin, Texas. I debated on whether or not I should go but eventually decided that I was going to go. I felt like God would bless it, so I went.

The keynote speaker was a guy called the Physician of Phun. Basically he gave us a breakdown of boys' brains and how they work. This was the first of many ah ha moments at the conference. My sister and I were both there and exchanged many glances of 'that's Joel'. From there we went on to our sectionals. I went to one given by Hand in Hand. This was the first I have ever heard of them and it didn't really explain what Hand in Hand was...but the lecturer did explain more about the behavior problems of Joel. I was amazed that God had brought all these people together in one place for me! I had also talked to my sister who had gone to the sectional called 'the Out of Sync Child'. While at the conference I had also seen an old friend who just happened to mention her special needs child. Wow! Its amazing to look back and see how God just puts you in the right place at the right time and brings the right people in your life.

As I left the conference I had a lot to think about and practically prayed the whole 4 hour ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment